Monday, August 11, 2014

Watching Lincoln grow and learn






Watching your child learn and grow is the most amazing experience. And Lincoln evidently likes to do things in groups, because this weekend, when he was finally feeling better, he learned to clap his hands, wave bye-bye, give high 5's and shake his head no. He also can sign "more" but it looks a bit like his waving so I want to be sure he's got it down before I say he's doing it. (Note: Sidney did it like this too).
 
There's just something about each developmental phase that strikes me. Makes me smile. I love each phase of childhood and am doing my best not to dwell on the fact that he, or the older two, are getting older. Instead, I'm going to relish in all of the exciting times.
It's just as much fun to watching Lincoln shake his head "no" as it is to see Regan or Sidney realize what he just did and gasp "MOM!, did you see that!!" with amazement and wonder.
 
This parenting stuff has it's rewards. And they're pretty darn great. 


No comments: