Tuesday, August 05, 2014

a weekend with my bestie

I'm so lucky to have my bestie, Kari. She's beyond wonderful and supportive and everything a girl could ask for in a BFF. She's Lincoln's Godmother too, a testament of how important she is to us. The fact that she lives 100 miles away pretty much stinks....but I'm so thankful that we figure out a way to hang out every so often. Because frankly, text/emails just don't cut it! 
This past weekend, while her kiddos were away, she joined our zoo for a couple of days. While the kiddos were whinning/crying, she pulled up the drive and I chuckled as I opened the door and said "welcome to our crazy zoo" and she replied "good, it'll feel just like home!". 
We had a wonderful time chatting, hanging by the pool, chatting, eating and chatting some more. With daily emails and text, I think Ryan is surprised that we have that much to even talk about in person :) 
Thanks for coming to visit, we love having you!
 

No comments: