Thursday, August 14, 2014

End of an era

Three days/week, Sidney has spent the last 4 1/2 years at her "home away from home" while we were at work. She was about this age when she started her journey with New Horizon. And throughout that journey, she met some amazing friends and was cared for by some loving caregivers. 

Today, we said 'goodbye', one final time. 
And it broke my heart a little. 

I cannot tell you how much she loves these classmates. Many of them, having known her since infancy. These kiddos grew up together. 
They shared more than crayons and books.
They also shared boyfriends and laughter. 
Smiles and tears. 

And as we walked out this afternoon, after saying our final goodbyes, I'm caught with tears flowing down my cheeks knowing my baby is growing up. 
It's the end of an era. 
Next stop: Kindergarten

No comments: