Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I am blessed to be able to celebrate Mother's Day. These three darlings of mine aren't always angels, but I love them every second of every day. They are our everything and I am so proud of each of them.
On this mother's day, I was showered with lots of homemade cards and gifts. And each one makes my heart melt. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for a husband who wrapped up a beautiful 3 ring necklace and a beautiful bouquet of flowers too, but aren't these cards heart-warming?!


We spent the day together as a family of FIVE and explored Minnehaha and the nearby Japanese Gardens. The  girls loved hiking and we definitely have to return when we have snacks and water and more time to explore the great trails. 

Each of these kids bring so much joy to our lives. Regan is so studious and sucks up information like a sponge excited to tell us something new she has learned; Sidney is a hoot and makes us laugh daily with her stories and comments; and Lincoln is our smiley, happy, snuggle bug who wants nothing other than to give me hugs and kisses! 



I wouldn't be where I am or who I am today if it weren't for my amazing mother. She had an amazing ability to teach me how to be my own person, to find my own place in life and is a wonderful friend to me today. I don't have many pictures of us when I was a baby, clearly she was more often behind the camera. But I love this picture, because it shows how much she loved being a mother. I can appreciate the feeling she shows here: that proud mama moment. And it is an amazing feeling! Happy Mother's Day Mom!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you and am very proud of you, hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. GJ