Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Stay-cation day #2

I'm off work this week and enjoying the stay-at-home-mom type of feeling. We are soaking up each other's time and I'm not sure the girls will ever want to return to daycare/school! We are just having so much fun. 
On day 2 we ventured to the Children's Museum....our very first visit. The kids adored being able to run, explore, and play but in all honesty, I found it rather boring! 

Regan loved this bike. It kept track of how many rotations her little legs made and contributed her effort to the "pot" of rotations. She just kept pedaling!  

This curious monkey is the whole reason we made the trek. After seeing the advertisement in the paper, the girls just couldn't wait. We saw a costumed-life-size one as well but this guy was 'safer' in Sidney's mind. 

I spotted this old fashion rotary phone and couldn't wait to show Regan. I reminded her that these were some of the phones we had when I was a little girl. She thought it was so silly to "dial" the phone!

Eventually we ran into some friends from Sidney's school and their dad took off with the older two while I stayed with the younger two. All four of the kids had so much fun. These two just loved "pretending" to be in charge of the kitchen....pretty soon we can really put them to work! 
Day #2: success!

No comments: