Sunday, July 08, 2012

Kid quotes

I've not been very good with writing down the kids' recent statements. So in the last week, Ryan has said "that is blog worthy" on at least two occasions, so I want to get them posted before I forget! Because in all reality, we laugh constantly at their mannerisms, sayings and expressions. It's just hard to remember (and blog) them! Here we go.

Regan: 
During the 4th of July fireworks, we sat near a lake where some grasses were growing. The sun was setting and the girls were on a blanket near my feet as we waited for the show to begin. The 'night time' insects started to make their noises and Regan looked at us, leaped towards me and exclaimed "what kind of CREATURE is making that noise!!". Pretty sure she thought the Loch Ness Monster was going to reach out and get her.  


Our adorable Sidney has us rolling day after day. She had us going for a long time on this next story: 
Living in a metropolitan area, I didn't realize the impact of not growing up near open farmlands. Kind of like the kids who grow up in rural areas, are amazed when they visit us and see airplanes in the sky. Anyway, on a recent drive to New Ulm, we were about half way there and Sidney exclaimed 
"Mom!, I see corn growing, we must be in New Ulm!". 

Ahhh, that smile, it's just contagious! 

No comments: