Friday, March 09, 2012

School Break Day 2: Como Zoo and Conservatory

We jam packed everything into this morning. First it was a stop at the eye doctor for Regan's glasses which were stepped on and ultimately are nearing the end of their days :( Then it was a quick Caribou for me and breakfast at the bakery for the girls. Sidney climbed over to Regan's side of the bakery items and ordered her own Big Foot donut. YUM!!! 
 By 10am we were at Como Zoo taking in all the wonderful/interactive animals. This ape was busy eating lunch and showing us his behind, which of course, gave these two giggly girls a good laugh. 
 I've been waiting for months for Como to fill this tank with fish; the sign in front has always said "exhibit temporarily closed". Please please please put some pretty fish in there!
 The bears gave us a good show as they entertained us with their playtime. Although they looked pretty upset with one another, it was clear they were just rough housing like a bunch of brothers. 
 Tigers and lions scare the dickons out of me. I literally feel myself get anxious the closer we come to the cat exhibit. Thankfully, the girls have been watching Lion King lately and so we sang the famous "I Just Can't Wait to be King" song which eased my nerves....a little. 
 And you wonder why I get nervous!? Just look at the leopard gnaw at that bone. So up close to us!!
 Every time we visit the giraffe building, one of them is always doing this. I can't explain to Regan why on earth he would be sucking on the wire. Need to find myself a zookeeper. 
 Oh the beloved polar bears playing with a stick in the water. His paws mesmerize me as he climbs through the water and plays with various toys/sticks. 
 And then it was onto the Conservatory. The girls promised to take some good pictures, and boy were they hamming it up for the camera. Both of them would stop, pose and say "mom, take my picture now". It was so sweet!


Thanks for another fabulous day girls!!

No comments: