Friday, March 09, 2012

School Break Day 1

It's Parent/Teacher conferences for Regan (more on that later), which means a couple of days off from school for her and an extra day off for me and Sidney. We were thrilled to get to spend some girly bonding time and made every second count. Our scheduled play date for day 1 was cancelled due to a sick child on the other end, so I quickly created Plan B: Pull out all the arts/crafts that we haven't seen in years. 

First it was micro-pixos. My secret goal was to make as many little creations as possible so we could be finished with these annoying little beads. Don't get me wrong, it's great for fine-motor work, but those beads end up all over the floor and I find them for days afterwards. The girls worked hard and enjoyed creating little ice cream, cakes, cupcakes, hearts and stars. I didn't meet my goal, we still have oodles left :( 
 Then it was on to Spin Art. This thing hasn't been used since we moved into this house nearly 2 years ago! The girls took turns creating a mess and had loved watching the little ballerina spin wildly as they gave a tie-dye color to her dress.
And yes, Regan is STILL in her pajamas and it was nearly 11am. 
 By the end of the afternoon, we had packed up the crafts and moved on to American Girl Doll fun. They gave Sidney's doll a birthday party, complete with a party hat created by Regan. She was so proud of that hat and eventually made one for herself of course :) 
I simply adore spending an extra day with the loves of my life! Sidney cracks me up non-stop with her antics (for example, the "jeez mom, it's cold outside". Yes, she said "jeez"), and Regan melts my heart lately with her gushing about how much she loves me ("I'm never going to leave you mommy"....awwww!).

No comments: