Sunday, March 11, 2012

Give them roots...

then give them wings.
I packed a bag and grabbed her sleeping bag and off she went to her best friend's house for a night. I prepped her, encouraged her and then let a few tears roll down my cheeks while she wasn't watching as I let Regan go on her very first sleepover. 
I love her so very much it's hard for me to let her grow up; but she's reminded me that she won't be staying little forever, much as I try.
She was super excited, talking for the days leading up to the big event and then on the drive to Katie's house, became slightly nervous with questions like "what if I get scared?, do they have a nightlight?". We rehearsed and boosted her confidence and once she walked in the door, all anxieties were calmed....for her.

All I can say is "thank goodness" for texting. I was thrilled beyond words when I received a text around 9:30pm saying things were going well and the girls were in their "nests" settling in for the night. No tears, no apprehension, just excitement. 


Our little girl is growing up.
I can tell this is the first of many sleepovers in her future. And I'm doing my best to relax and just take it all in stride, watching as she grows into a confident, happy, secure little BIG girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GJ says: Then before you know it, they have babies of their own. 😊