Saturday, March 31, 2012

Growing up


This little girl is growing up, 
and there's not a darn thing I can do about it to stop her. 
Last night she headed to a friend's birthday party, and after picking her up, I realized there is so much happening in her already busy world that I am not a part of. So I do the motherly thing and ask loads of leading questions (that Master's Degree of mine sure comes in handy) and offer plenty of support while she tells me all about the fun, and not so fun, experiences she has. 
Lately she has been asking me to snuggle her in bed and lay alongside her while she recaps her day. I soak up this opportunity every time she asks; because I know it won't last forever. And sometimes, like the other day, she recites to me, a book we've read countless times....
"I'll love you forever, 
I'll like you for always, 
As long as I'm living
My mommy you'll be!"
Oh how I could just squeeze the love out of her sometimes!

No comments: