Saturday, January 28, 2012

Activities

We are in the midst of winter activities around here. Each week we have practices for dance, gymnastics and swimming. It keeps us on our toes but keeps the girls motivated to make it through their respective days at school knowing the fun they will have. 
Sidney simply adores gymnastics. Swinging on the bars, jumping on the tramp, rolling down wedges, cartwheeling and handstanding her way through the evening. My guess is Regan loves it just as much, but I wouldn't know. You see, this lovely 3 year old wants her mama to watch her, at all times. I've jumped over to watch Regan's class in the "big kid gym" next door and disaster struck with tears. So for now, I'll just stay put. 
 What I do know is that Regan is in love with her new dance studio. We have spent 4 months preparing for her recital this weekend. It's a Christmas themed recital (and the studio owner knows enough than to try to pull off a show like this at Christmas time). We've had extra practices each week this month and last night, was the L---O---N---G dress rehearsal. I flash-backed to my days in dance last night, as I sat chatting with the other parents while Regan and her little friends ran around to find the best seat in the auditorium to watch as the big girls showed us their skills. As we chatted before bed, Regan reminded me "I want to dance forever, until I'm big" and I know she was picturing those high school girls in their ballet outfits twirling in unison on stage. Can't wait for her show(s) today! 

No comments: