Sunday, January 08, 2012

Outdoor playtime

This winter has been something else. It's January and given our tree still looks like this, I spent some time today raking leaves! Yes, RAKING leaves in January! In Minnesota! Oh how I love Mother Nature sometimes. 
 So I raked and raked and the girls sent both their babies and themselves down the slide into those lovely piles of leaves. In January. Without snowpants or boots. In Minnesota.  
 When we grew bored of the leaves, we moved onto more fun such as t-ball and the parachute. Outdoor fun is just so darn wonderful when it doesn't entail frozen fingers and toes as a result of snow. Don't get me wrong, we'll be sledding sometime soon I'm sure. But for now, I'm going to bask in this wonderful warm winter weather. 
 And tonight we caught up online with Grandma Jan who happens to be basking in some REALLY warm 80-something  degree weather. 
Here's hoping for this mild winter to continue through til spring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GJ says: I am with you on that. We saw more snow in NM than in Mn. they can keep it.