Friday, January 06, 2012

Friday Stations

Regan's classroom holds "Friday Stations" twice/month. Her Kindergarten teacher invites parents/grandparents to help out at various stations as each child spends time working on activities. I really truly enjoy this special one on one time with Regan and love getting to know her friends. Today, however, I didn't have anyone to watch Sidney, and so, her teacher invited Sidney along as well. 
Let's just say she was THRILLED to get to be a part of this time with her big sis and those other 5 and 6 year olds. 

 She spent her time bouncing around the various stations, checking in with me periodically, but mostly sticking next to Regan or one of her friends. She loved being their garbage thrower-awayer and glue-pusher-downer.

I was tasked with the craft table; helping each child assemble their cut pieces into penquins. Their individual penquins turned out so cute and I can't wait to see the final creation that Regan brings home next week. In the meantime, I noticed one thing about Regan's toolbox that stood out from all the 20 other kindergarteners.  Each child has their own box full of crayons, glue and scissors. It is kept in their cubby for activities such as the one above.
This is what Regan's kit always looks like, notice the kit above and you'll know how the other students keep theirs: 
Yes, I do believe she has inherited her mother's organization skills :)  
It's not such a bad thing to inherit I suppose. 

No comments: