Sunday, January 22, 2012

Birthday fun

As a teenager, I remember going to Golden Gate tubing hill with a handful of friends to celebrate my birthday. It was a blast! Minus falling onto my tailbone and bruising it which resulted in sitting in a bean bag for the following days, ouch!....but that's another story :) 
So this year, when Ryan asked what I wanted to do on my birthday, I said "let's take the girls tubing!". Sidney just barely passed the height requirement and didn't meet the age requirement, but no one asked for her birth certificate so we just went with it. 
We had an absolute blast!!! 
 Tubing has come a long way since Golden Gate. This location has lanes, the tubes have handles to hang onto along with a long one to pull, and there's a magic carpet to stand on as it pulls you and your tube back to the top. Here's a view from the top. Think Giant Yellow Slide at the State Fair with 12 lanes. 
 Sometimes all 4 of us hooked together, sometimes Regan and Ryan went solo. Not to fret, Sidney was never on her own; always hooked to mama. 
Below is a video I shot while hooked to Sidney going down one of the more steep hills (yes, there are a few that are faster/steeper than the others). It's hard to see her face, but she's laughing (and brushing away the snow flying into her face). This seriously was a great way to spend a winter birthday!!
And now....it's nap time!

2 comments:

Tucker Christopher Anderson said...

That looks like a blast!! Wish I was there!!

Tucker Christopher Anderson said...

That looks like a blast!! Wish I were there!!