Monday, June 14, 2010

Valleyfair!

Every year, we make a trip to Valleyfair with Ryan's family. Today was the day, dreary as it was. Thankfully, by 2pm, the rain had stopped and we were able to enjoy our time eating fried food and going in circles high up in the sky! Regan is our dare-devil, she'll go on all the rides and can't wait until she's tall enough to go on the "big kid" ones with Ryan!
Sidney, on the other hand, is our little chicken. Reading this, my family will immediately think "FORCED FUN!" and that's exactly what happened today :) I knew she'd love it once I got her on a ride. So when she asked to go on the balloon ride with Regan and Ashley, I got over my fear of feeling sea-sick and climbed aboard. By the time we buckled in, Sidney turned into a puddle of fear and tears on my lap. We started moving and she raised her head and was giggling; I KNEW she'd like it! And that, my friends, is the reason behind "forced fun".
This ride has always been one of Regan's favorite; surprsingly, she only went on it twice today!
Both girls devoured these over-priced Icees's....
...and so did Ryan!
See, forced fun really worked, she asked to go on the "neigh neighs" all by herself!
No trip to an amusement park is complete without Cotton Candy! Regan stuffed herself silly with the fluffy stuff while Sidney spit it right out onto Grandma's shirt-"yuck!", she doesn't like the texture is my guess.

2 comments:

Kari Wendinger said...

I got dizzy just looking at your pictures. Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

GJ says-"Where would you be without the "forced fun" ?