Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bakery

I once read in a Parenting magazine that every child should get the chance to experience a real bakery (as opposed to those within a grocery store or coffee shop). So today, day #6 of my "stay-cation", that's exactly what we did. I took the girls to this place...
where there were rows and rows of yummy smelling, beautiful looking baked goodies! Regan wanted a cookie, but since we went there for donuts, I convinced her to move over to the next row of display cases to pick out her treat. She opted for a Big Foot, and giggled at the way it really did look like the foot of an animal. Digging into her treat, she told me "bakeries sure do make yummy treats!". Mission accomplished :)
Sidney choose a sugar donut, it's what she wanted so I didn't object or try to sway her decision. However, after a few bites, she must have been thinking "this wasn't a good choice, I'm getting all messy!" because she then opted to eat without hands, just pushing her face into the thing as it rested on the table. Eventually she gave into my pleas and let me hold it.
It was a great experience and we spent the hour talking about all the different things that are made at a bakery. Someday, I'd love to have the girls tour one to see what goes on behind the scenes! For now, they'll have to learn in our kitchen at home :)

1 comment:

Kari Wendinger said...

Cute! Thomas and Natalie always get so excited to go to the bakery downtown. Me too!