Sunday, January 28, 2018

Eagle Bluff 2018

Back in September, Regan 's 6th grade class (and 7th too) were presented with the option to attend a 3 day field trip in Lanesboro at Eagle Bluff. She was intrigued and didn't waiver much on the idea of signing up. After chatting with some friends, she was all excited to sign up for the field trip. So we filled out forms, paid the fee and waited. 

Her trip was set to depart just after my birthday and before the big dance recital (more on that in another post). It was a busy week and as much as I wanted to go along as a chaperone, I just didn't think it was very practical to leave Ryan with the other two in the middle of show week rehearsals. Plus she wasn't very keen on my requests to chaperone....


Until that week before departure and we started organizing her packing. I could tell she was getting nervous, but was trying to act cool. So we discussed her concerns (mostly being without a phone and ability to reach out to me day/night), and how we could remedy them (her friend's mom was going and already had my number in her phone). 


Unfortunately, we had a bit of weather come through on my birthday, which cancelled school for the 1.5 days prior to their field trip which added more concerns for her: she wasn't able to collect all of the required homework that she would be missing! That poor girl was unncessarily fretting and there wasn't much I could do about it. Thank goodness for technology and an email reply from her teacher reassured her that she could still go and they would worry about homework later. Whew! 

They had so much fun those 3 days: snow shoeing, ziplining, high ropes course and outdoor learning. Seventy-five percent of their days were spent outside! Thankfully it was pretty warm (30-40's) so they could enjoy the outdoors rather than freeze in their outdoor classes. Once again, the beauty of technology proved helpful because those amazing teachers/chaperones created a private Facebook page to keep those of us back at home updated with photos of their daily adventures. I loved seeing how much fun she was having! But boy did I miss that girl of mine :) 


I was elated to have her back home (despite that she was tired, stinky and crabby!). The stories of adventures are still trickling in, and I know she had the *best* time experiencing something new. She's literally growing up before our eyes! 

No comments: