Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Christmas Day 2017

Christmas day has come and gone. It makes me both sad and happy (and Ryan is very happy to have far less money spent on gifts!). I love Christmas time and all of the fun it brings. And kids on Christmas morning?, there is simply nothing better. 


Let me back up 8 hours to our overnight.....
I think I finally crawled into bed around 11:30pm. 
And then Lincoln woke up at midnight begging to crawl into our bed. Fine. 
He woke up again around 1:30am and needed to go pee. So I take him pee. 
Just as I was falling back to sleep, around 2am, Regan came bouncing in the room, tears in her eyes and a wavering voice, complaining she can't sleep. #facepalm. 
She's too amped up and can't control the Christmas excitement! Get her back in bed.
By 6am Lincoln was waking up for the morning. I did my best to keep him occupied for another 30 minutes (thank you iPad!). 
But then....it was Christmas!!! 


I have to giggle at how blurry all of these pictures are; it proves just how fast everyone was moving! 
Christmas morning is like none other when you're a kid. 


My mom made the trek later that morning and greeted us with more presents and a big Christmas smile. Oh, and an Ugly sweater party!
It was sweet and sad, having planned this day 365 days prior when both mom and dad showed up last year with ugly sweaters. It was at that moment we knew we had to make it a full-family experience and we all got busy finding the perfect sweater. 
We sure missed dad this year, miss is an understatement. And I know he would've picked out quite the sweater.
I just hope we made him proud ;) 


No comments: