Monday, December 26, 2016

Pre-Christmas

In the days that led up to Christmas, we did all sorts of Christmas-ey things like baking and taking photos. Unfortunately, our baking wasn't exactly like the girls and I would like for it to be, but it will suffice. With Lincoln's allergies, we have to be super careful while using peanut (butter) and any dairy so we can't let the girls make a mess of the kitchen when he is around or we run the chance of spending the next 24 hours in the ER. So we found a few key things that we could make and had some fun. I loved watching Sidney work on her (safe for Lincoln) cut out cookies. She even frosted many of them in his beloved favorite color: orange :) Such a sweet big sister! 


I love that the kiddos will still let me dress them, pose them and take all sorts of pictures. This time of year is so much fun with all of the lights and colors and decorations. One night, I convinced them to put on their winter pajama's (Lincoln only sleeps in one specific pair of PJ's so this took some begging on my part). I took this same photo last year and adored it so much that I had to recreate it again this year. 


Our new fire place stone is a definitely a conversation piece these days, and I love how it looks in pictures too. This was our first fire (we remove the middle stockings for safety purposes...it's not that we only have 2 stockings!), and everyone was so warm and cozy cuddled up in the family room. 


I couldn't resist placing a few lights on Lincoln and snapping some shots. I realize these may have been cuter had I thought of doing it when he was 1 or 2, but I'll take it at age 3. 


I love this wonderful time of the year!! 

No comments: