Sunday, December 18, 2016

Christmas celebration

We had our first round of Christmas celebrations last weekend when Ben and Jon came to town. It was a weekend full of family, fun and food! They stayed at the new JW Marriott at the MOA and we were able to take advantage of the location (and the pool) Friday night when the kids got to swim in the pool and then take in the mall in the evening. Saturday morning, we hung out at home and the girls put together the Gingerbread house while Lincoln napped. I haven't figured out a peanut/dairy free gingerbread house so I'm thankful that he still takes naps :) 

Lincoln begged for days upon days to open presents, and he didn't even care when the gift wasn't his. He just wants to open them! 

Oh how we love it when Hope comes around and we get to spend some extra time finding out about her coursework at the U of M and how busy she stays everyday. Our kiddos love to hang out with her, play on her phone and hear about life as a college student. 


Ben and Jon bought Lincoln 3 variations of these toys ("because I couldn't figure out which one to buy")! It's a working drill with holes for screws. Can you tell his favorite color?...everything is ORANGE for that boy. 

Each time we all get together, I make sure to take a family picture. With the help of my awesome gorilla pod (best Christmas present ever that I got some years ago), I work on getting just the right set up. And thankfully I have a few models who happily pose....: 




Eventually I get it right and we nearly completely block the entire tree but at least we all fit and are smiling at the camera. 

One down, more to go! Merry Christmas! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for opening your home to this bunch. GJ