Saturday, December 31, 2016

Christmas Eve 2016

It's hard for me to imagine that Christmas is already over, and we are heading into the New Year. I love December because we look forward to some extra family days, good food, treats and celebrating Christmas. Once it's over, I get a little sad that we have 3 months of winter weather to endure.... so let's re-live those 2 magical days of Christmas:
We dressed in our red on Christmas eve, all for SANTA is what Lincoln said :)

I love these three cuties more than life itself. And I don't often get into pictures so I forced the camera on whoever was nearby and jumped in for a few pictures. Can you believe how tall Regan is getting? Standing next to her really points out her height. I'm not super tall by any means (5'6"), but she is on my heels and catching up quickly. Her feet are officially bigger than mine...and she's only in 5th grade! I made her stand next to her growth chart the other day and realized she's grown 1.5" in the last few months. Wowzas!


Grandma and Grandpa Friederich came up on Christmas eve and spoiled the kiddos rotten for the first of many celebrations. Regan's favorite was her gift cards, Sidney got a cozy robe that she wears nightly and Lincoln will be loving up on the wee-ride copilot to attach to my bike this summer. He loves the burley and I think this will take it to the next level for him.

We ate food, opened presents and just enjoyed the evening together.

And before bedtime, the girls/I put out our luminaries to line the driveway and side walk. When I told Ryan about my "project" 2 weeks prior, he waved his arms as though he was money just flying away....aka: a waste of money. But even he admitted it looked pretty cool. There were many slow cars driving past so I knew it was a hit, and definitely something we will continue. Every Christmas, it appears that more and more of our neighborhood is participating in this fun annual tradition. I'm so excited to be a part of it!
 

As we laid our heads to rest on Christmas eve, bidding farewell to the beloved Ellie the elf, I prayed our little ones remembered the real meaning of Christmas.


No comments: