Sunday, October 30, 2016

House reno

We are in the midst of a bit of a renovation around here.....

Emotions are high and the stress is the same. Nothing is where it's supposed to be (fridge is in the dining room, tupperware in a random tote), and feeding this family of 5 has never been so difficult (it's microwave and grilling)!
  

There are so many decisions to be made and not a lot of time to do so. I think I stared at these options for 10 minutes without saying a word (until Lincoln took a flying leap off the counter height table nearby and got my attention quickly!).
All of our "stuff" is crammed into other parts of the house and hiding out in various boxes. It's a giant mess and we are doing our best to hold it together. There are nails and staples requiring shoes on when you need to walk into the kitchen or family room. There is dust everywhere and I'm trying to let it just be for now. We are forever thankful for this beautiful weather so we can get outside to play.
I can't tell you how long I looked at these two pieces of limestone...and Ryan wasn't much help with that decision "I like them both, you pick". Ugh. I had an easier time with the stacked stone than I did the limestone hearth. Only two options and I still couldn't make a decision! 

I commented to one of the workers this past week that doing a kitchen reno with 3 kids is not easy and all he could reply was "I cannot imagine". I know in the end it will look wonderful and we will be so happy to have it in our past, but living through a renovation takes a lot of patience!

Here's hoping to a smooth flooring install tomorrow and the remainder of this week. In a few short weeks we should have our lives back to normal :)

No comments: