Monday, April 25, 2016

First grade field trip

I just love volunteering for the girls' school. Despite that it means I have to take time off work (thankful for awesome coworkers), getting to hang out with the girls in their "home away from home", is just so fun! Recently I was able to help chaperone Sidney's class trip to a local nature center. She adored my presence as much as I loved being there! 

It was rainy and dreary but we made the best of it and the kids explored nature from both inside and out. We learned all sorts of neat facts...like why do worms come out when it rains? Answer: so they don't flood out and drown. Who knew?! We saw geese and muskrat, snakes and leeches! 

The kids got to touch several animals and this picture of Sidney feeling the salamander is my favorite! She squealed "it's slimy!!" and all the kiddos laughed. 

Thanks for letting me be a part of your fun field trip Sidney Marie! 

No comments: