Monday, April 25, 2016

Lincoln's music

So while I know that Lincoln enjoys music, with the way that he likes to sing and dance at home; he will, at other times, tell me to turn off the music in the car. I sense he just wants to hear himself talk, or concentrate on the next big truck to drive by. But tonight, tonight was different. As we drove home from Regan's volleyball game, the Haley Reinhart song "I can't help falling in love" came on. And Lincoln requested for me to "turn up mommy", to which I thought he said turn off. Then he followed up with "my song"...and "yike it" as he got a gentle, melancholy look on his face and tried to mouth the words.

I honestly melted. Right there in the driver's seat, I turned into a puddle. We listened to the entire song though were long pulled into the garage. He loved every beat of the song, and loved it more as I sang along. 

Oh sweet baby boy, you sure do have me wrapped tight around your tiny finger. I love you! 

No comments: