Saturday, April 16, 2016

Goldys 5K

Several months ago, Ryan suggested we sign up for Goldy's 5K at the U of M. Sort of a bucket list thing for him, never having run a true "race" before (note: these aren't races we are ever expecting to win....like ever! the leader came in under 20 minutes!). Like a good sport, I agreed and he signed us up. Fast forward several weeks, and I'm still dealing with a slipped disc in my back and then landed on my back off Regan's hoover board. Fast forward a few more weeks and Ryan landed flat on his back off Regan's hoover board (those suckers are dangerous!).


But as the saying goes, the show must go on! And so, we ran.
It was a complete nightmare trying to get to the U that cool Saturday morning and we nearly missed the start, arriving with just 10 minutes to spare. We hopped between the gates and off we went darting around the University campus and taking in the sounds of over 3,000 people beside us running the 5K (there was another 3,0000 doing the 10 mile run). I have to say, there is something about that sound. Something that gets into your blood and make you want to do it again and again.
We finished on the field of TCF stadium which was pretty darn cool. And as Ryan found me after he finished, he commented "that was fun!, let's do another one!". Not exactly what I thought he was going to say.....I suspect there are going to more 5K's in our future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GJ: Nice job both of you.