Friday, September 18, 2015

Rainy days

This week, we are knee deep into the 2 week overlap of activities. And it's been chaotic to say the least. Both Ryan and I were running in separate directions every night. Work was stressful for the both of us, making it challenging to get out on time to get the kids to their necessary activities. Dinners were leftover or "picnics" (fancy way of saying we were eating on the sideline of a field, or in the car between activities). I kept telling myself that it was only two weeks, but on Wednesday, when Lincoln cried "no!, no!" as I tried to buckle him in for the 400th time already this week, I collapsed in tears on the floor of the car. I felt the same way he did---no more! 

So when it started raining late Wednesday night, and kept raining into Thursday, the city closed the softball fields for practice Thursday afternoon. And I could just feel the weight that was lifted off my shoulders. It was a huge relief. I picked up the kids after work, got a text from Ryan that he was leaving early so we could all sit down and eat dinner together. It was just what we all needed. Lincoln couldn't have been more happy to come home and stay home! He rode his bike, pushed his car and eventually got drenched in another rain storm that came through. But it didn't matter, we weren't going anywhere! 

Sometimes, I'm thankful for rainy days :) 

No comments: