Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Great MN Get together!

As per our usual routine, we headed over to the State Fair on the second day of the fair. It was a lot of fun and we were blessed to be joined by both sets of grandparents as well as Hope. We had so much fun going on rides, eating food, people watching, eating food, and taking in all that the fair has to offer.
Ryan's sole request was to find the massive tornado (representing the number of bags thrown away every 5 seconds instead of recycled). We spent quite a bit of time exploring the Eco building exhibits. 


My mom, Hope and I got our blood sugar checked....we won't talk about results ;) Blame the food, right!?

We went on loads of rides!



My mom and Hope took the girls on the sky-ride, which totally blew me away. My mom, the one who barely mustered up enough nerve to climb the Eiffel Tower after we traveled all the way to Paris went on the sky-ride. My mom, the one who's heart skips a beat when anyone leans over a railing went on the sky-ride! Oh the things you do for a grandchild :)


We saw animals, including the big pig. The really big pig and his...errr, well, see for yourself. lol. Grandma Sheri sent Sidney my way when she asked her "what's between his legs??" For those wondering, I told her the truth :)


Lincolns face cracked us up. He spotted the pig in my phone as I snapped the picture. His expression says it all! 


We ate lots of food, and I cried a few tears. While I felt that we did an amazing job of finding safe foods for Lincoln, it made me so sad to have fear as we walked around, careful to avoid any possibility of a reaction. When he fell asleep we darted to the Cheese Curds and the girls ate some ice cream. This is our reality, and it breaks my heart. I stumbled across a booth set up for (children) with food allergies. As I chatted with the family manning the booth  my mom came over to listen. I introduced her and jokingly commented that "grandparents, the ones most at risk for causing a reaction" (though I know my mom is overly cautious and won't even touch an allergen food when she babysits!). Well, it was good for her to hear first hand, this family admitted that "both sets of grandparents have caused" their little guy a trip to the ER. YIKES! So now I have more fear. Even so, we found Lincoln a plain hot dog (not exactly healthy) and he ate the ENTIRE thing. Later for dinner he ate a whole hamburger too! This boy can eat I tell you!



In the end, we had a grand ole' time once again and will spend the next 364 days looking forward to next year!


Thanks for a great day! 

No comments: