Friday, July 24, 2015

Videos of Lincoln

Lincoln is like a sponge these days, learning more and more each and every day. Often, I will hear him repeat a new word out of my mouth and look at him with that "say it again!" look. In the last few days he has added the words: see, please, mine, dog and my favorite....no-no. 
I know!!!
How in the world can I be excited that he says "no no"?! Well, it's something that I've been working on with him for a few weeks. He mastered the word yes long ago, but then everything turned into 'yes'. It's like at my work when a patient perseverates on a word and that's all they say. Makes it unreliable.
So the other day during bath, Lincoln took a giant amount of water and dumped it out of the tub. My response was "no-no!"
His response.....click HERE.
I love it :)  

One word that he has yet to master is 'more'. He has his own version of the sign, and it is beyond adorable. For those that are unfamiliar, it is normally signed like this
Lincoln only puts his first fingers together, and it is so delicate and adorable. 
Click HERE to see his reaction to a police car zooming past and his perfect expression of what he would like to happen next.
We see that sign constantly, especially when he sees a dog, an emergency vehicle, a semi truck and more recently, when he 'toots'. :) What a boy!!

One final video..., he has his hands on Regan's recorder from school this past year (lucky for us, she gets to keep it forever which means we get to hear Hot Cross Buns on a daily basis). Lincoln has picked up on her tunes but has no idea how to actually make the sound come out, and so he hums a tune rather than blow. Oh how we love him so!! Click HERE to listen. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the "no no"

Hudson and Paxton said...

OMG, yep, those little fingers signing "more"....freaking cute! I had to enlarge the video just to see it better.