Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Minneapolis Sculpture Garden

Ryan and I have spent almost all of our adult lives living in the cities, and we had yet to get to visit the historical "cherry and the spoon". That statement was often met with "seriously?!" from our friends. Yes, seriously, we just never thought to get there. And the kids have learned about this place all on their own. So on Monday, I grabbed the littles of the house and loaded up into the car destined for the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden. 
I think they were pretty impressed.....


Eventually I got them to turn around and give me a smile and their first impressions; both girls announced "it looks more red in pictures. I think it needs a paint job". 
And with that, we spent another hour walking around the gardens as the summer sun heated up. 

Some friends had mentioned that Lincoln would love going across the nearby footbridge where two major streets run below. Oh were they right, he was in love watching cars and trucks go by. But his strut?, now that was something that had to be replicated by the girls. Not sure why he was walking with his hands on his hips, but we got a good laugh out of it! 


Regan and I worked our tails off trying to take this artsy picture, but in the end, I think we need more practice. And maybe less distractions by the little guy splashing in nearby puddles and screaming at the top of his lungs in a sculpture garden. 


I was in love with the nearby flower gardens and couldn't resist snapping a few pictures. The morning dew still dripping off this yellow flower. 



I was a second too late to catch all 3 of the kids pressing their noses against the double sided mirror exhibit. I'm telling you though, it was pretty hilarious to see our three little piggies with their faces pressed against this; noses smashed upwards :) 
We are really loving all the exploration we have done in the past few days. Over the last year, Ryan and I have talked about wanting to travel here or there and see this or that. And recently, we realized that there is so much to see in our own state, let alone our own community! I'm so happy to be able to have a gorgeous week off from work to take advantage of all these places! 

No comments: