Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Minihaha falls-summer edition

I'm off work this week and we've been spending a lot of time traveling around the metro, checking out all the sights that this wonderful area has to offer. Today it was off to Minihaha Falls for a picnic lunch-Regan's request. With the recent downpour that we had 2 nights ago, we were not let down when it came to the falls. Talk about raging water! All 3 of the kiddos were impressed and I heard a "whooaa" out of Lincoln followed quickly by "cool"!

Sadly, Lincoln took a major fall turning the corner just before I snapped this picture (needless to say he was NOT in the mood for a picture to be taken)! But these two sisters sure are cute :) And who would've thought just hours prior they were fighting and slamming doors at each other. 

To say that Lincoln wanted to see the water up close is an understatement. Sidney had to reach for him at one point because she was just too nervous with how close he was to falling in. Oh little boy, you simply have no fear! 

Sidney willingly posed for me throughout our morning....Regan on the other hand was not interested. I sure hope this isn't a glimpse into our teenage years where she finds my nagging for pictures to be 'uncool'. Funny thing is, when she flips through pictures she will comment "where is one with just me?!". 

Lincoln wanted to do many of the steps going down by himself, so it was slow going for the rest of us. But I had to carry him up all of them, and I took that as the bulk of my workout for the day :) All of those stairs are one thing, adding an extra 30 lbs is another. 

We rounded out the morning with a picnic and a quick moment at the play ground. This crew was beyond ready for a little A/C and begged to cool off in the pool! Love a Minnesota summer! 

No comments: