Saturday, February 21, 2015

visitng school

The girls' school has a policy where they don't have big birthday celebrations for each child. So each teacher has a unique way of celebrating each child, and in Regan's class, it meant I got to come to class for a little. The birthday child can invite a parent to read to the class and I was ecstatic to hear Ryan say he was not so super interested in reading to the class (he may have used a different remark....). And so Regan and I sat in special chairs at the front of the group and her friends listened intently as I read to them. I love going to class and interacting with their classmates. 

While I haven't been in Sidney's classroom recently, I do get to see her artwork each day during pick up. This past week was all about 100 days of school and I love love love all that they do about 100. Sidney wrote out that she would really want 100: "dollrs" but that she would never want 100: "splntrs". Oh how I love kindergarten! And then here is a self-portrait of what she thinks she will look like at 100 years old. LOVE IT! 

No comments: