Saturday, February 14, 2015

Birthday eve


Someones birthday is sneaking up on us. Tonight, we put her to bed an 8 year old one last time. I had to walk back into her room and share one more 8 year old giggle before bed. Tell her how much I loved her one more time, and how tomorrow she'll be nine! She laughed and said "I want to be 13!". 

No! Stop! Stay little forever! Our lives are busy and her schedule is jam packed. Between school and homework there's choir, art classes, ice skating lessons and swim team. Soon softball will start and I feel like we're drowning. She loves it all so it's hard to say no. 


But nine!? When you say it like this it makes me cringe: in as many years as she's been ours, she'll be gone from our home. That's right. Only 9 more years til she graduates high school. But tonight I can't go there. Instead, we talked about her as a baby. The freezing cold day she was born. She loves those stories and we love to remind her. We love you dear Regan! We love you so much! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 9th birthday regan!

Anonymous said...

GJ: Hope you have great year. Happy Birthday, we love you.