Monday, December 01, 2014

Turkey day

Thanksgiving has come and gone and we have loads to be thankful for this holiday season. On Wednesday night, before all of the festivities and travel, I asked the girls what they were thankful for and it was a round of "my family" or "Lincoln" as we went around the table. Sure they have the reasonings for naming who they named "he plays with me" or "she gives me chocolate", but they were excited to talk about who and what, they were thankful for.
I for one, am thankful for each and every one of these beautiful blessings (and their daddy too but we rarely get a picture together!).


We traveled to New Ulm for the holiday; with Hope in tow we packed into the truck. I'm really thankful that Ryan convinced me to buy that sucker over a year ago. It's sure come in handy to have 3 rows of seats. We celebrated with each side of the family and lots of good food, loving family and entertaining conversations. 


The kids enjoy our trips to New Ulm....although Sidney doesn't love the drive. At 6 years old, she's still our worst traveler. If it's not a nap, Lincoln isn't far behind. We barely notice that Regan is in the car, our stellar traveler :) They do enjoy playing with grandma's toys, staying busy with her in the sewing room as they create their masterpieces and chasing puppies at family gatherings. 


As we wrapped up Thanksgiving and look to the next holiday, I wrapped my arms tight around this amazing family of ours and said a big prayer of thanks for all that this live has given to us.

No comments: