Monday, November 24, 2014

Loss

We lost a devoted blog follower and dearest family member this month. Just over 2 weeks ago, I raced to Abbott to meet my oldest godchild, Hope, where we would tragically and unexpectedly say goodbye to her mother.

Hope recently told me that Cheryl read this blog religiously (I really never know who reads these posts). And I recalled that Hope knew when Lincoln learned to crawl..all because Cheryl had read it on this blog and immediately messaged her. I've spent the last two weeks remembering my aunt Cheryl and how wonderful she was to everyone who had the opportunity to meet her. The woman was never without a smile, and if she spotted you, be it in a room full of 400 other people, she would holler for your attention, just to say "hi". 

We are deeply saddened and will forever miss her. I couldn't avoid writing about it, for its what has been on our minds, the topic of conversation, and the endless questions from the girls (who are just trying to comprehend the concept of death). 

We will take care of her dear Hope who we love so very much. 

Watch over us Cheryl, we love you. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog everyday and enjoy hearing about your beautiful family. I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose a loved one, especially so close to the holidays. I pray that you and your family will have a wonderful Thanksgiving, even during this sad time.

Anonymous said...

GJ: :(