Monday, November 03, 2014

Lincoln's first birthday-Party day

We celebrated the little man's first birthday with a red and blue party on Saturday.
I think he was maybe just a little excited to be turning ONE!

 
This was the only picture I got with the three of us, and I think it's a tad blurry unfortunately :( It was tough getting Lincoln to slow down enough to take a decent picture! I never even got a family picture. Good thing we had formal family pictures taken this week!

He loved all of his fun balloons and decorations.

And the cakes?! Well they were over the top adorable. I went to take his picture sitting next to this big cake and he dipped his little fingers right in for a taste. Needless to say, I knew he'd have no problems later on digging into his smash cake!

That little elephant was adorable! When I found this similar cake on Pinterest, I wasn't set on getting the elephant too (basically because I knew it would probably cost a fortune for someone to make!). Ryan loved it though, so when our cake lady said she could whip one up easy peasy, I was sold!

I had to set him a little further away from his cake in order to get a decent picture. He kept reaching for it and got mad when I wouldn't let him touch it!

His month by month pictures finally came together in banner format. Man alive has he changed. His cheeks quickly filled out and personality just blossomed.

His high chair got a make over for his special day too. Draped in ribbons and one single balloon to decorate the chair, it was all ready for his 'smash' session.
 
And balloons hung in the doorways that he was so excited to touch. Mr. Adorable knew that this day was all about him.
And he loved every second of it!



 After presents and dinner and playtime, it was cake time!
There was a loud chorus of HAPPY BIRTHDAY and boy he just wanted to dig in. That song couldn't have ended soon enough.
 
 By far, he gave us the BEST first birthday smash cake performance.
It went on and on. The frosting was thick and eventually I wiped it off so he could get to the actual cake part.
 
Once he started hugging the cake, we all just lost it. Too stinkin' cute!
 
He made a mess like I have never seen before.
I'm still finding bits of cake in places I didn't think to look while cleaning up (like the door frame about a foot to his left).

He did this.
All. By. Himself.
 
That was one messy kid!
 
I plopped him directly into the bath.
And then all the kiddos got into their jammies and posed nicely for us at the end of the night.
I think it's safe to say that he had a pretty amazing first birthday party.
Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate!

No comments: