Friday, September 12, 2014

Happy Birthday Sidney!

Oh boy oh boy our little girl turned 6 this week!
She's so stinkin' funny, we could just eat her up.
The day before her birthday, she woke up and announced "tomorrow is my birthday!" in the most giddy voice she has.
That night, after she had fallen asleep, I filled her room with balloons of all different colors. They floated across her floor from the nearby fan that was making them move. And she woke up in the morning, stumbled into our bedroom where her entire family was standing and sleepily asked "why are there a bunch of balls on my bedroom floor?"
We all laughed as she rubbed her eyes and finally Regan said "Sidney!, those aren't balls! They're balloons; it's your BIRTHDAY!".


She gleefully accepted our hugs and singing her Happy Birthday, even though it wasn't yet 7am. She raced downstairs to open her presents, check out her birthday sign for the day and get ready for school.



Ryan and I were able to sneak away from our offices and bring her Subway during lunch. She was super excited and we were thrilled to see her smiling face and meet some of her new awesome Kindergarten friends. Delightful group of kids I must say. She told us all about their interesting morning at school (it was their day to practice all the drills that they have to practice in school these days...) and my heart was heavy, hoping she wasn't scared on her birthday. She moved right on to telling us about the crown that her teacher provided and more singing. She said they even announced her name on the speaker during morning announcements! So proud that little girl is.






























She's chosen the dreaded Rainforest Cafe for dinner, and so, we'll go on a non-weeknight when we have more time. So we spent the evening in each other's company and had a great time celebrating her birthday. I picked out an uber large peanut butter cup cupcake for my chocolate lover and we all shared it for dessert. It was the first time that I went to work on her birthday, and at first she wasn't excited that she didn't get to spend the day with me; but afterwards, I think she was delighted to hear "Happy Birthday Sidney" from everyone around school. She had a pretty perfect day. And I'm proud of the girl that she is becoming. I love you my little peanut!


6 things we love about Sidney
She's funny, makes us laugh constantly. Undoubtedly hilarious.
She's energetic (and probably the reason she's barely tipping 40 lbs)
She's friendly. Meeting new friends comes easy and she has at least 4 new BFF's at school.
She loves make believe play. Listening to her play barbies, or American Girl, or any of her made up games is music to my ears. This girl has a creative mind.
She's determined. Independent. Passionate. 
She's sweet and loves her family to pieces. Just as much as we love her!

No comments: