Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Life lately-in the fall

We are plugging along and keeping busy this fall. 
Regan's been working hard on adding minutes to her daily reading as she participates in the school's Read-A-Thon. She does quite well (most days) and has finished more chapter books than I can count. Her preferred books lately are the 'Bad Kitty' series and she even convinced Grandma Jan to buy her a new one last week instead of waiting on one to be available at the local library. 
She still enjoys arts and crafts over any toy in the house. Together we enjoy playing board games and she's become a wiz on the school-related websites for learning. Anything to motivate more learning!

Our determined Sidney has recently mastered the monkey bars, from end to end. And her "I can do it by myself" attitude shines from morning to night in every aspect of her day. Don't bother trying to help this girl because she's just going to tell you to "get lost", usually in a much more tactful manner :)
Lately she's been talking about anything and everything "online". I think it's a term she picked up and can't get enough of. And I can't help but laugh, thinking I was pushing 16 years old before I even knew what that word meant. 

As for me and Ryan, we are soaking in the love from these two cuties. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of drama when you have 2 little girls. But when one or the other asks you to snuggle in bed, or listen to them read a story, we can't help but take the time out of our busy evening to love them up. Life is busy, and about to get even more busy as we approach our due date. Each of us are so very excited for this growing family. 

No comments: