Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sidney's 5th Birthday Party

This year, we coupled Sidney's family birthday party with a pool party. In years past, we've tried to do the same, and have only been somewhat successful because we waited until closer to her actual birth date to host her party and it's often too chilly. This weekend turned out to be the perfect weekend to sit in a pool, because it was H-O-T! 
Sidney asked to have a rainbow themed party. She wanted everything in every color, not necessarily rainbows all around. This is a girl who knows what she wants....

She sweetly posed for some photos prior to guests arriving.  

Hunter taught the birthday girl how to surf and she's on cloud 9 now making everyone hold the surf board so she can practice.

 Ryan showed off his forward flip skills....

and then attempted some back flips and it was pretty much epic failure. 
But boy did we all laugh and cheer him on as he practiced! 
Poor Nala got placed in the pool a couple of times and looks hideous as a wet dog. Skinny and sickly! 

 Sidney and Grandma Jan 

I think Great Uncle Greg was over-the-moon excited when Sidney agreed to his photo op request. 

What's a party without the traditional family photo (see that baby bump!)

Sidney's rainbow cake. She had specifics for me when we talked about the party cake. I'm normally one to just order it and call it a day. But this year, that was not sufficient for her. She wanted it the way SHE wanted it. And I wasn't about to find a bakery willing to attempt her request, so I did it myself. And I have to admit, the reviews were all positive!

While she made her wish from her sparkler candles, I made my own wish: "please let this cake taste good and turn out the way she requested!"

I know my wish came true! She was so excited!!! Happy 5th Birthday sweet Sidney! 

I'm holding on to the 4's for as long as I can! 

No comments: