Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Something's growing around here.

This weekend we took a family picture a top Herman the German in New Ulm. 
A picture of our growing family :) 
It hasn't been easy to hide a pregnancy for the last 20 weeks, and I haven't exactly been successful other than removing most pictures of myself from the blog. 

But the time has finally come, to introduce the blog world to this beautiful baby who will be joining our family around Halloween. We are thrilled and so in love with this new bundle of joy that is doing flips in my belly while I type. 

We learned about this addition back in February. Yes, February! It's been a tough secret to keep :) Sometime around 3 months pregnant, we announced it to the girls. Their reaction is something to write about in another post. In a nut-shell, Sidney jumped up and down screaming "I told you! I told you that you were pregnant!" (somehow she just knew, and had been telling me for several weeks that there was a baby in my tummy). Thankfully the announcement was all caught on camera :) Shortly thereafter, the girls brought my parents both a pink and a blue balloon, and after 5 short seconds, tears fell from my mom's proud eyes. Gotta love it! 


Today we had our regular half-way mark ultrasound. Regan got to join us, while Sidney opted (on her own choice) to stay behind at daycare. Regan paid close attention to all the angles, watching the yawns, and really enjoyed seeing our baby all wrapped up in a ball.
Here you can see the leg, which is actually up against baby's forehead. Curled up in one little ball. 

All of us are in agreement that this 3D shot was our most favorite. Such a gem and we are already so much in love! 

So while this skinny boy gets skinnier (side by side shots of his new/old driver's license)....

This mama is getting bigger!! 
And if you are wondering, no, we didn't find out the gender.
Yes, that was done on purpose. Just following suit from pregnancies of the two girls we already love so much! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute dress Liz, your tummy looks high so I'm guessing girl!

Roz said...

I tried to leave a comment the other day when I read this post...but I couldn't log in to my account from my phone. My original message went something like this: "Aaaaaaahhhh! Congratulations!" :) So happy for you all. I'm guessing this will be a whole new experience as you will have two other little girls to share the journey with. Enjoy it! "It goes by fast..." as they say! :) Hope you're feeling well! For some reason, I get so excited when I hear about families with two kids making the leap to three! This new baby will be so blessed!