Sunday, June 09, 2013

Congratulations Hope!

My oldest Godchild, Hope, just graduated High School and today, we celebrated her accomplishments! We couldn't have been more excited to spend the afternoon with her, reminiscing all about the last 18 years. I still remember the day this sweet one was born :) And now she ventures off into the land of college. We are so very happy that she will be super close to us and can't wait to see more of her beautiful face! 

She has some dear friends/family who care deeply about her and came through the door today with platters of bars, salads, etc. Her bestie made cupcake after cupcake in Hope's honor-gourmet style. Oh if only I could have tried one of each...but sadly I resisted. 

It's been a lot of fun watching the girls get to know her over the past years. They love her as much as she loves them. 

Since Hope's party was at the local Herman Heights complex, we took full advantage of the sights from atop the statue over looking New Ulm. 
Just moments after this picture, we climbed through the hole at the top, me going last, and the wind took my skirt and pushed it clear up around me waist. Yes, I flashed everyone around....that was fun. 

The views from up high are simply stunning. It really never gets old to me. Thankfully this family doesn't have much of a fear of heights!

Awww, how sweet is this :) 

And guess who showed up to surprise Hope??!...Uncle Ben flew all the way from DC to attend this big event. You know something is a big deal when he finds a way to make an appearance. The shriek of Hope's mom and the bulging eyes of Hope when they first saw him are embedded in my mind :) 

Congratulations Hope! You deserve nothing but the absolute best! 

No comments: