Sunday, May 26, 2013

Morning glory

This morning, while daddy was away golfing, the girls and I took a walk on a nearby trail. I got some pretty cute pictures and we had a great time, though we all wished for warmer weather. 
Regan brought her scooter, and Sidney brought her bike, making it very difficult for this mama to keep up with their wheels! 

Eventually we made it to our destination and took a break. Watching the waterfalls, gazing at the lake and of course, taking pictures. 

I love this gem of a place in the middle of our city.

The girls turned away from the waterfall and discovered not just one, but THREE climbing trees. They have never really noticed them on our previous visits, though Ryan and I have both mentioned how perfect each tree is set up for climbing. 
In a matter of minutes my girls transformed into monkeys. 

They played like this for a very long time, running from tree to tree, scampering up them like it was second nature. I did hear each of them call out (at separate times) "mom, I'm stuck!", as they looked down at me from way up high. 
Not to worry, I rescued my monkeys and we all came home safe :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GJ says: looks like a fun day, sounds like you need a scooter or bike to keep up.