Sunday, May 05, 2013

Catch up

I'm going to play catch up, as I realize I haven't posted much in the last 8 days. My bad. I don't have a good excuse, other than life has kept us busy. 
Last weekend, we took the family out to the track for a run. It was a practice run for Regan as she prepped to run the mile in school. The practice went great, the mile in school?.....well, that's another story.
The stinker proudly recalled how she and her buddy walked it.
Walked. 
Let's just say she lost some privileges for her lack of effort this week.
Her teacher gave her another chance and she redeemed herself.
This parenting gig is tough!

I got me some girl time (plus Milo) with my dear friend-Angie. We headed to the mall as she helped me update my wardrobe for the summer season :) Always fun. 
And Milo took a nap after his trip to the groomers. I love how he rested his head on the side of the van. 
A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E

Although this spring hasn't allowed for a whole lot of ball games, we did get to see a great double header last weekend. With this weekend's rain, we missed out on playoffs. 
Happy to have gone to the games we did get to this year! 
Go Logs! 

Sidney has had some sleepovers in big sister's room. We try to discourage them during the weekend (because inevitably they rise much too early when in the same room), but we encourage the fun on week nights. I know, seems a bit backwards, but as we have always said "we do what works so that everyone sleeps". And this works for our family. 
Sidney is getting accustomed to all that room in a BIG twin bunk bed. 
I found her like this one evening: 

On one recent sleety-snowy spring day, I mentioned to the girls "we might as well have Christmas again if it's going to snow!". Much to our surprise, we later ran into this in the grocery lot parking lot! Boy were the girls over-the-top excited thinking about all the presents! 

I have piles and piles of pictures of the girls. Sometimes it seems like our photo albums are taking over the house. I've even had some shelves installed in the spare bedroom just to accommodate some older photo books. But let me tell ya, both Sidney and Regan just love flipping through these books. They grab one after another and page through photos of the past years. They laugh at silly ones and ask questions about adventures. 
It's been a lot of fun on these past cold-snowy months. 

Poor Sidney still thinks nap time is over-rated. Yet she can't seem to make it through the day without sneaking in a quick 10 minute snooze. My brother just cringes as he sees pictures like this, wondering how her hands don't fall asleep. But it must be comfortable, because we find her like this a lot. 

We continue to find fun art activities via Pinterest. This weekend's fun was "coffee filter flowers". There was a lot of fun in these bright and cheerful flowers.  

And finally, finally, finally, it warmed up today. I think we spent nearly 8 hours outside! It was simply beautiful and no one wanted to come inside. 
Not to eat. Not to bathe. And certainly not to go to bed.
Here's hoping the sun and warmth are finally here to stay! 

No comments: