Sunday, November 06, 2011

Packing it all in

People have been known to say to me "boy, you sure don't waste a second!". It's a blessing and a curse sometimes, but I do tend to pack a lot of fun in our days. This weekend was certainly no different. We ventured to New Ulm to help my very best friend move into her very own home! I was so proud to be helping her move, paint, unpack....repeat for hours Saturday. The girls cannot wait to come back and PLAY with her kids! Congrats Kari.
And after all that moving, my dad had to teach me how to use his new "toy". Not the remote control helicopter he insisted on flying around, no, his new pellet gun. Complete with a target practice; just look at my form!
"Take that baby!!!"
Not bad for my first time.
Don't worry, the girls were safely away from all the pellet gun action, nestled in the living room reading stories from when I was in the 3rd grade. Piles upon piles of Berenstein Bear books.
Sidney even read them to her students, lined up in rows listening intently as she showed them pictures.
Sunday morning, the girls showed Papa...or maybe Papa showed the girls, some dance moves on the Wii. Click HERE to watch a video; and enjoy a laugh. Nice job dad!
The big adventure of the day was heading out to Uncle Lon's farm to check on the piggies. The girls have asked many times to visit his piggy barns, but we knew the smell would be tough for them to handle. Turns out, Regan (and I), had the hardest time; yes, I was nearly gagging as I brought up the rear of our parade. Sid wasn't too phased and started petting it as soon as Lon brought it out.
Man alive there are a lot of pigs in this barn....and to think there's more than just this one barn. Despite how clean it is...the stench was BAD news!
Eventually, Regan asked for a pink pig to be brought out and then started to pet it. They enjoyed pushing on his nose, apparently it's pretty soft. Lon tried to get him to make some squeals and noises but he was just too calm. Turns out he was taking a poop on Lon's leg and maybe a little too busy to squeal!
Tried as I might, no amount of fresh air was going to take the smell off of my body/hair. Thankfully we were heading straight to Vicky's salon and I immediately washed my hair.
Because before our short (but incredibly busy) trip to New Ulm was over, we had lunch at the infamous Happy Joe's and the girls watched in awe as they made pizzas right before our eyes! Apparently, my picture taking was added stress for the pizza makers, because this poor guy had to scrap out a few ingredients and an entire pizza he nervously tried to assemble!
We sure like to "pack it all in", but life's too short to sit around!!
I'm so thankful the girls are up for our daily adventures, ready and waiting to experience it all.

No comments: