Friday, October 07, 2011

Three Rivers Park District

Tonight the girls and I ventured to Mt. Gilboa for the chairlift rides. We've been doing this for 5 years (technically longer if you count the year before we had kids!) and the girls love it every year. Click HERE for our 2007 trip.
We're minus Ryan tonight as we lost him to another concert...such is life!
The girls loved the chair lift "ride", until the wind gusted to around 40 mph and Sidney got a little nervous. She even asked me "can we get off now?", as we were suspended way up in the air!
The colors were simply amazing. Just breath-taking!
This guy, or whatever owl shows up each year, mesmerizes the girls. Sidney surprised me by getting up close and even asking questions about the "bird". We all love to watch him turn his head all the way around, man alive that's something that would work nicely when the girls are fighting over a toy!
While playing a ring toss game, the volunteer stepped backwards almost right onto a salamander that had ventured into the area. Sid immediately asked if she could touch it! Where is this brave girl coming from?
Regan was interested in learning about the "dead animals" this year. Ryan keeps reminding me that they have a nicer name like 'skins' or something. Sure, whatever. Look like a bunch of flat-as-a-pancake-dead-animals to me!
I couldn't get a picture of me/girls as I've done in previous years, so this one will have to do!

No comments: