Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Lessons

Our quest this summer was to teach Regan how to swim. In an effort to save time (and money), we opted to do this session at our own home. The local club informed us that Regan needed to be 6 before she started the next session anyway so rather than take a (wasted) lesson and burn more money, we challenged ourselves to be the teachers.
Let's just say that this heat has been good practice and we haven't had to do much true teaching as our student was more than eager to learn. Voila...Regan can swim!

Shortly after I put down the camera and hopped back in, Regan took off swimming with Ryan into the deep and and proved she can swim further than just the "short" length! We are so very proud of her! The ear to ear smile plastered on her face made it all worth while!

3 comments:

Roz said...

Wow! That's awesome! I bet your kids are zonked at the end of a pool day.

Thanks for all of the congratulations! So far your'e the only one who noticed the t-shirt (other than my mother-in-law and sister-in-law who already knew the secreat). Good catch!

-The Nordbys said...

Way to go Regan!!
And Roz- she is not the only one who noticed the shirt:) But in my defense, I only noticed it because I bought the same shirt for my daughter a week ago:)

safriederich@hotmail.com said...

grandma sheri is so pround of you, love you to the moon