Saturday, October 02, 2010

Shrine Circus = major anxiety

We took the girls to the Zurah Shrine Circus today. And while Ryan and the girls had a wonderful time, I dealt with my anxiety about being at a circus. The whole idea of an elephant stampeded or a psycho tiger puts be over the edge. I realize this is a little silly, but if I could've taken a Xanax beforehand, I might have enjoyed myself a little more.

Regan experienced a pony ride, and though she was very nervous, she talked about it afterwards and claimed to enjoy it. Ryan stepped in lots of pony poop; lucky dad!
Now seriously, who puts a tiger on a tight rope close enough to the edge of the cage where he could jump over? I closed my eyes for most of this act and just waited to hear the audience gasp and scream in panic. Thankfully that didn't happen.
Now this was more like it! Big, fluffy dogs in a tube slide! Hilarious!
Who the heck bought tickets in the 3rd row? What was I thinking??
Ta-Da!
We all made it through the circus!
We can officially mark that one off of the "must do" list.
Think we'll stick to Cirque Du Soleil instead.

No comments: