Sunday, July 04, 2010

(Early) 4th of July parade!

Once again, Regan and I went to Edina's 4th of July parade (held yesterday for a variety of reasons). We both adore this parade and have found our perfect spot, close to the beginning so we don't have to fight so many people; I really believe there are thousands of people in attendance! The parade started with veterans and lots of war trucks, to which Regan asked "why are they carrying guns" and my immediate response (obviously without thinking) "to shoot at the bad people". Her 4 year old voice responded "why do we shoot the bad people?". I honestly teared up, not knowing how to answer appropriately after teaching her for the last couple of years that we need to be nice to people and not to shoot (pretend) at people. Thankfully our war-time lesson ended as she saw the next unit passing and didn't wait for me to try to answer. I'm open to suggestions on how to answer this question for the future!

Here's my cutie anxiously waiting for the parade to start! She scored big time on candy this year, really starting to get the hang of it; scooping up candy into the bag and waiting for more! She's not the most aggressive 4 year old so at first, the kids around her would grab every piece before she could even blink her eyes!

No comments: