Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bye bye nukie.....?

It's been a long time coming; 4 months past when I swore I would get rid of it, 6 weeks past my "deadline". I sit here tonight after this bathing beauty went to bed minus her "ookie". I'm fighting back the tears (ok, so they're really streaming down my face), because really, outside of diapers, there's no other sign that she's a baby anymore. My baby is growing up and I just want her to stay my baby! The "ookie" completed her bedtime routine; along with her safety blanket, she would lay in my arms and let me rock her before bed. Tonight, as she whimpered "ookie", I missed hearing that little noise she makes while sucking on her nuk. She whimpered less than 10 minutes before falling asleep tonight; not bad for night #1. Whether or not this is the true end of her relationship with a pacifier is yet to be told; it could be a long night and this mommy might just give in.

No comments: