Thursday, July 22, 2010

Celebration picnic in the park

Regan had a chance this summer to participate on a tball team, coached by the most patient woman I know. Throughout the year, she never once changed the tone in her voice to show irritation, despite the multiple girls digging in the sand, or not paying attention. She remained calm and most importantly, showed the girls how much fun it was to be a part of a team! So what else would make her one of the most patient women I know? Well, not only does she work part-time, she also coaches TWO teams in the league, and she also has FIVE children of her own! FIVE kids from 2-12 years old! Patient and maybe a little nuts?!

Tonight we had an all-ages league picnic to celebrate the end of a fun season! Coach Melissa brought hair coloring for our team; the girls just loved it!
Regan and her best buddy and coaches daughter, Izzy.
Regan scored one of the first raffle prizes! She picked out a bat, which shocked me because her other options included stickers or pencils. That's my little sports fan! She leaned over to me and said "mom, he told me I could take the bat!!". She was so excited :)
Coach Melissa with Regan and Izzy; the girls are waiting for their playdate; both of them hounding us to set a date!
Regan is sad that tball is over; I guess that means she wants
to play again next year!

No comments: