Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday My Dear Sidney!

The day has arrived, it's Sidney's first birthday! It's a bittersweet day. I'm so happy to have made it through the first year, but I'm sad that the first year is over. I don't go to work on my kids' birthdays, in fact, I think it should be a law. This morning we had mommy/Sidney time, which is incredibly rare when there's more than one child in the house. We played, went for a walk and she ate her favorite breakfast-French Toast! I think she's sort of wondering where Regan's at (don't worry, she's safe at school this morning) but loving all the attention, snuggles, kisses and one on one time. She talked non-stop during our walk and for once, I could listen to her intently. She only says about 10 real words, but that doesn't matter, I love listening to her!
As for what life is like with a one year old, well, she cruises all over the furniture; eats anything that isn't baby food; drinks from a sippy cup; still wakes at night to drink a bottle (I'm open to any tips on this one that don't include "let her cry it out"); loves to play with people and sometimes toys; naps like a champ; still dislikes car rides; loves to swing at the park; and most importantly, is our snuggle bug and loves to give hugs and kisses!

1 comment:

Kari Wendinger said...

Baby steps, my dear. It won't be long and you'll get sad packing those bottles away. I know how much you'd love to sleep a full night but it'll happen soon and before you know it you'll be packing her backpack!